February 12, 2019

Day 28/31 of Self Love

Read this post for an explanation!

My Definition of Self Love - Learning not to hate yourself; being okay with past mistakes, but not repeating them; refusing to use current failures as fuel for self-hate and instead using them as opportunities to improve; and reminding yourself, "You are loved, you are valuable, and you are God's child."

To be honest, I'm not sure I have any role models per say, but I can name a few people who have inspired me and helped me, particularly during my formative preteen/teenage years. One of them is a wonderful Christian lady who basically mentored me through middle school and part of high school. She ran an online "Bible Reading Club" for girls, choosing books of the Bible to study, passages to read, and questions to answer for years. She would faithfully copy and paste in our answers/responses, answering our questions, and gently guiding us back to the subject matter if our hyperactive tween brains became a little sidetracked. I can think of a dozen ways that she is different than me - she is much kinder, wiser, and sweeter, to name a few - but in a way that we are similar is that we are both very loyal. She hardly ever missed a day in the four or five years I was part of the Bible Reading Club - the few times she did travel out of town, she would have a friend post our Bible reading schedules. She was very diligent to always check in with us, and I really appreciated her loyalty. I'm a rather stubborn person, but occasionally that can be a good thing - once I start something, I like to finish it, and I hope one day that if I am able to minister to young ladies in the way my mentor did, that I will be faithful in doing it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my day!