February 11, 2019

Day 27/31 of Self Love

Read this post for an explanation!

My Definition of Self Love - Learning not to hate yourself; being okay with past mistakes, but not repeating them; refusing to use current failures as fuel for self-hate and instead using them as opportunities to improve; and reminding yourself, "You are loved, you are valuable, and you are God's child."


The answer to this question is a choice that I'm already in the process of implementing - it's letting go of the past and looking towards the future. I am an incredibly loyal person and it is very hard for me to let go of previous relationships and friendships, particularly close ones. But even though it is possible to keep in touch with dozens of people who have once been part of my life, that doesn't necessarily mean it is necessary or even beneficial - to either party. I need to continue moving forwards because my future isn't in the past but in the present. A very cliché quote that inspires me nonetheless is, "Don't look back - you're not going that way." And this is only in an earthly sense - in a spiritual sense, it makes even more sense to keep moving forward.

C.S. Lewis said, "There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind." That is so true - anything wonderful, beautiful, or incredible that happens here on earth is nothing compared to spending eternity with Christ one day. We shouldn't be afraid of moving forward because God holds the future and even though our Christian lives may not be easy, they can be filled with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my day!