February 13, 2019

Day 29/31 of Self Love

Read this post for an explanation!

My Definition of Self Love - Learning not to hate yourself; being okay with past mistakes, but not repeating them; refusing to use current failures as fuel for self-hate and instead using them as opportunities to improve; and reminding yourself, "You are loved, you are valuable, and you are God's child."


Last year in our church's young adult married couple's class, we discussed crafting a "mission statement" for our family. J and I loved the idea, and although we never finished our full statement, I remember our core values included "living simply" and "seeking truth." The words and beliefs I personally want to live my life by of course include following God, loving Him, being a help-meet to my husband, and one day raising our children to love God too.

My current focus for January-February is learning to accept myself. After this month, I'll move on to working on simplifying my life, starting with my physical possessions in hopes of also clearing some oy mental clutter as well. After that, J will be graduating college and we will be officially starting our ministry together. I know there will be new challenges, but also new opportunities to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my day!