February 15, 2019

Day 31/31 of Self Love

Read this post for an explanation!

My Definition of Self Love - Learning not to hate yourself; being okay with past mistakes, but not repeating them; refusing to use current failures as fuel for self-hate and instead using them as opportunities to improve; and reminding yourself, "You are loved, you are valuable, and you are God's child."


I can continue to keep fighting. Sometimes, my depression will get the best of me, and I'll end up thinking that the planet would be better off without me. Sometimes, I'll call J in the middle of a panic attack and tell him that I don't think I can drive home. But other times, I will remind myself that I am loved, that my friends and family care about me. I will remind myself that even if I've made mistakes in the past, it doesn't prevent me from doing good in the future. I will remind myself of all the people I have helped and loved and encouraged. I will continue fighting because stubbornly saying, "I'm still here even though you've thrown your worst at me" is the best way to tell depression to go away. Saying, "I'm not giving up" when every part of me says that I should is the ultimate victory. Saying, "Today might've sucked, but tomorrow will be better" is how I will face the future not with fear but with hope.

Pardon my language, but screw you, depression. I've just spent thirty-one days learning how to love myself. I'm going to use some of that knowledge and love myself right here and now. I have a God who is much bigger than anything you can throw my way, and He loves me, even if I am a sad, complicated, and stressed little human. He loved me before I ever learned how to love myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my day!