January 29, 2019

Day 14/31 of Self Love

Read this post for an explanation!

My Definition of Self Love - Learning not to hate yourself; being okay with past mistakes, but not repeating them; refusing to use current failures as fuel for self-hate and instead using them as opportunities to improve; and reminding yourself, "You are loved, you are valuable, and you are God's child."

I guess it depends how we're defining "younger self"... If, say, we're talking about me in elementary school, I would be proud of myself for continuing to be creative and imaginative. Although I'm not creative in the same way (I don't make things out of cardboard and recyclables anymore), I enjoy crafting characters in my novels and imagining scenarios, stories, and events. So even though I don't have much time to make crafts anymore, I still make things for people to enjoy. And I still think that nine-year-olds are some of the coolest little people on the planet.

Preteen me would probably think it's cool that I have a job, because of the idea of having that much money would be pretty impressive (even though it almost all goes towards insurance, gas money, and other boring but necessary elements of being an adult). I would also think that getting to go to McDonald's more than once every six months is pretty "coolio" too.

Teenage me would wonder why I stopped wearing bright blue eyeshadow and cheap mascara, but have to agree that the addition of lipstick - instead of sparkly strawberry lip gloss - is a little classier. She would also think it's amazing that I married my high school sweetheart.

Young adult me, i.e., myself several years ago, would be proud that I finally went to therapy, came to terms with the fact I struggle with depression, and didn't quit my job even though I wanted to.

Me as in a few weeks ago... I'm proud that I'm still here. That even though life isn't easy and often the simple act of existing seems too much, the fact is I made it; I'm still here, writing to you. I have many things left to see, experience, and accomplish. One of my first accomplishments of 2019 will be completing the 31 Days of Self Love, and after that - who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my day!