January 31, 2019

Day 16/31 of Self Love

Read this post for an explanation!

My Definition of Self Love - Learning not to hate yourself; being okay with past mistakes, but not repeating them; refusing to use current failures as fuel for self-hate and instead using them as opportunities to improve; and reminding yourself, "You are loved, you are valuable, and you are God's child."


The most loving thing I've ever done for myself was scheduling an appointment with a psychologist my doctor had recommended. I had tried going to therapy in the past, but we hadn't been a good fit - looking back, I'm also not sure I was ready to put in the effort to change myself. In fact, when I met Dr. A in fall of 2017, I told him that I'd only made the appointment as a favor to J, who was my fiancĂ© at the time. But through our sessions I learned so much about myself and I grew so much as a person. I'm not sure I would be here today if I hadn't met Dr. A and learned techniques that would help me manage my anxiety and depression. 

Maybe that isn't the answer you were expecting, but I hate bubble baths and scented candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my day!